Every time I think I’ve seen the strangest thing ever, I am dead wrong. For instance today…my husband emailed me this link to a Gawker article about Jimmy McMillan Founder and CEO of the RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH political party. He’s running for governor of New York State.
Stated Goals of RENT IS 2 DAMN HIGH party
Tenant Bill Of Rights
Housing Homeless Emergency Bill
1. No more Month to Month Tenants
Buildings built before the year 1999. Rent will not exceed $850.00 per. mo
2. landlords who have not registered there buildings Tenants will live (1) One year Rent Free. (This will serve as a fine)
3. Landlords who failed to give tenant interest from security deposit tenant will live:
2 years: 1 month free
4 years: 2 month free
6 years: 3 month free
Other: 6 to (1) One year free
– Late Fee –
4. If the tenant can prove the landlord have charge a late fee, tenant will live (1) One Month Free for each month a late fee was charge.
5. No abandon buildings
– Make Repairs to Building or Apartment –
6. Landlord will have from the time a tenant have to pay rent to make repairs. If landlord failed to do so tenant will live (1) month free until or for ever how long it takes for the repairs to be made.
(Winter – Heat or Hot Water)
Landlord will have 24 hours to make repairs if failed to do so the City will make the necessary repairs and bill the landlord, plus the tenant will live the next month free.
– Landlord with Violations –
7. Rent will be reduce to what ever rent were the year of violation.
if rent were $400.00 in 1986 and the landlord has violations dating back to that year rent will be reduce to the rent of that year.
8. Cap on Rent
9. Rent Freeze
10. Rent Reduction
This bill is design to protect tenants from the greed and opportunity that followed 9-11. Greed that has force us to abolished;
1. Rent Control Board
2. Rent Guidelines Board
3. Rent Stabilization Board
New Rent regulation will be imposed where your rent will not exceed one (1) week of your pay.
You can go check it out for yourself, at his two websites. Rent is Too Damn High and Jimmy McMillan. The Rent is Too Damn High website has a loud “Rent is Too Damn High” single so turn your speakers OFF
Landlords will Not Be Left Behind
Surprisingly, The Rent Is Too Damn High has solutions for landlords as well. If you were curious about how this new system will work out, you will no longer have to pay property taxes or…your mortgage under this new and exciting system. This is because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are corrupt.
There Will Be NO Evictions
That too is great news for landlords! No one likes evictions.
Let’s Do The Math
If you vote for Jimmy McMillan, it’s a vote for landlords, you get $850 per month in rent but no mortgage or property taxes. You’ll be able to hire a general contractor with union employees with that kind of cash flow to fix those pesky repairs and you’re home free. So don’t forget to sign your petition and send it in. With this plan, you’ll be raking in the dough and finally at last the rules are simple and easy for even the newest landlords to understand.
If you liked this post sign up for my RSS or email subscription.