It’s a lucky day at Landlord Rescue because a former tenant of mine happens to work at Toronto Hydro and they are sponsoring this contest!
What You Can Win !
- WATER BOTTLE: 18oz Folding water bottle with carabinder clip (1)
- LIGHT BULB: Sylvania Super Saver CFL. 1 CFL Light Bulb. 60 Watt. X15841 (1)
- CLOTHESLINE: Toronto Hydro Indoor/Outdoor Retractable Clothesline (1)
- REUSABLE COFFEE CUP: White Reusable Rubber Coffee Cup (1)
- TOTE BAG: Green Lightweight 190T Polyester Folding Tote Bag (1)
- NOTE BOOK: Bound Recycled Kraft Soft Cover Journal. 125 sheets of graph paper (1)
- DRYING RACK: Drying Rack made from Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI) certified eastern USA white pine lumber
Together it’s worth about $250.
How To Enter
Go to the It’s Easy To Conserve Tab on Facebook, like them and write about how you’ve saved energy by making changes…it’s probably worth it just to read the entries, one entrant was not too happy about walking around in the dark, with no A/C, doing laundry once per month just to get a bill for $500. Then there’s a spot there where you can choose where you heard about the contest and you select Landlord Rescue and you get entered to win the prize.
Here’s My Top 10 Ways To Conserve Energy…
- Laundry – Done the good old fashioned way, by pounding it at the edge of the river… dry it on the neighbour’s fence.
- LED light bulbs – $20 per light bulb! My investment should pay off by the time my son goes to college.
- Computers – Shutting one of them off…forget it that’s crazy talk!
- Air Conditioning – My husband is allowed to turn on the A/C only once he melts into a rather large puddle.
- Hot Water – Who needs it? Wakey! Wakey!
- Cooking – Save Electricity Eat Out!
- Electric Chair – You have no idea how much I’ve saved!
- Heating – It’s easy and fun to conserve by cuddling up to your spouse… my hubby loves it when I stick my ice cold toes against him.
Electric Cars– I say no!
- Refrigerators – You only need it 6 months a year, if you live far enough north, dig a hole in the tundra and bury your milk and pickles in the permafrost for year round refrigeration. In the winter just put your beer outside to chill, if it freezes it’s because you’re not drinking fast enough.
We Do Actually Conserve At My House
Before I wrote up this post, I actually went and looked at my hydro bill. As usual I almost had a heart attack, it’s $400… so you might think we don’t conserve, but we do. We are doing better because we use less than we did last year. We got a high efficiency washer and dryer a few years ago and we do laundry when power is cheap evenings and weekends. I used to have a clothes line up, but for the last 5 years, builders have been building a 76 townhouse building behind my house so it just wasn’t possible to dry clothes outside.
We just have to suck it up, energy is not cheap, so conserving it will save you money.
So Go Enter To Win
There’s about 4 people who read this blog and go do stuff like enter contests…so if you go to Facebook (like you need an excuse) and like It’s Easy To Conserve and write about how you save electricity, your odds of winning are pretty good.
Have a great week everyone and enjoy your loot if you win.